Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed new hdd in MacBook Air 2008, question folder and forbidden sign in screen, what to do?

Hello

I installed new hard drive to my MacBook Air 2008 and when I try to install lion/snow leopard/ mavericks it won't show up the disk. I can't find the hard drive.

I don't now what to do. I tried everything. I spoke with a guy in macsupport here in Sweden and he said I have to buy snow leopard and install it from the original dvd in order for computer to format. My computer is old like I said its from 2008. I've never update it or upgrade. This is first time. It laid in storage for three years so I decide it to use it again but hdd was damaged so I had to change it, and now all I get is flashing question folder and forbidden sign, you know the sign for auto traffic.

Is it true that the only way to restore or to find the new hdd or to boot the question mark and forbidden sign marks by installing osx from its original dvd or buy snow leopard?

After I spoke with the guy from Mac support, I got little suspicious so I spoke to another one and he told me all I need to do is format hdd with the help of a sata hdd cable with help of another macbook and then I was good to go.

What do u think?

Should I buy snow leopard or can I burn it from my sister computer?

MacBook Air, MacBook Air 2008

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 3:07 AM

2 replies

Installed new hdd in MacBook Air 2008, question folder and forbidden sign in screen, what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.