Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Defeating 'automatic tempo matching'

Hi

Does anyone know how to defeat the Automatic Tempo Matching facilty?

I want to import snippets of a number of .aiff recordings and mix them into two tracks, cross-fading the snippets as I go, to get a sort of sampler of say thirty songs each snippet lasting say 30 seconds. To do this I have set up a new project, with two audio tracks and go to IMPORT / AUDIO FILE, select the audio file snippet and bring it into the chosen track BUT... some come in with the pre-recorded (desired) tempo and some import with the wrong tempo, ostensibly due to Logic's AUTOMATIC TEMPO MATCHING feature, which for this purpose is a nuisance, and I don't know how to turn it of.

Thanks and regards

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), LogiSpectrasonics, NI, IK, stuff...

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 3:54 AM

5 replies

Mar 7, 2014 12:17 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

Hi

Thanks for that. I don't get quite the same information in my region inspector, I tried to 'grab' what I see but unfortunately it cannot be inserted here. I see Mute, Loop, Quantise, Q Swing, Transpose and Velocity, then if I click 'More' I get another list of ten items concerning delay, dynamics, gate time, clip length, score and varaints of Q, but none concerning tempo. I am wondering of we are using the same version and perhaps tempo is nesteled elsewhere. I am using 10.0.6.

Mar 8, 2014 5:35 AM in response to Eriksimon

I have now redone the tracks and imported the files again this time checking the pop up which asked me whether I wanted tempo matched for the first import, it did not pop up for any of the successive file imports and all appears to be in native tempo. However there is still no sign of the Follow Tempo & Pitch checkbox in the Inspector... does that perhaps only appear when tempo is matched?

Defeating 'automatic tempo matching'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.