Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 sorting issue...

I cant figure this out?....these Taste albums should be under Taste not another Rory Gallagher?

User uploaded file

Sorting has nothing in them either?!

User uploaded file

There's also some Rory albums in here too but they won't move to the other Rory artist listing above where the rest are even though they all say Rory Gallagher as the artist!

Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 2:53 AM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2014 8:20 AM in response to Airsculpture

Ive tried all sorts, it only worked when I removed "Taste" from the Album Artist section on them all.

Oddly within the itunes folder in the Finder, all the albums are correctly in the right artist folder. Now Im puzzled as to why my "Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble" tagged Artists are showing under "Stevie Ray Vaughan" in Artists view?

Note no "Stevie Ray Vaughan" in SONGS view....

User uploaded file

Yet in Artists view....

User uploaded file

Pretty much all have "Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble" tagged as Artist. Some move if I delete "Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble" from the Album Artist section, other don't if I do and some do if I add it to the

Album Artist section if it wasnt already in there?!

I've even tried ticking the boxes on all the black sorting sections just to clear them out but still no joy at moving them under "Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble".

iTunes sorting seems far too complex for its own good.

iTunes 11 sorting issue...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.