Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbering a Course Map

I am unable to make a course map which needs each station numbered. When I use text box for one station, the next text box for the second station makes the number 1 dissapear as if it is in a layer below. If I go back and bring the first box to the front, the second one dissapears. This does not happen in Pages 09. Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about. The first two unseen numbers are 1 and 2 with only the number 3 visable. How can I make all numbers visable? Or can I?

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 7:45 AM

You can not drag images in here, you have to import them with the Camera icon.

You appear to have Text Wrap on your objects and Textboxes which are causing the text to pop out of the number boxes.

Turn Text Wrap off by selecting all the objects:

Format > Arrange > Text Wrap > None

Peter

5 replies

Mar 5, 2014 4:42 PM in response to Lookin4ud

There are default properties to objects.

In Pages 5 you can create some the way you like them, then save them as object styles and save that in a template.

For existing objects select them all and change them all together. If you want a new exact copy of the same thing option drag copies from your model version.

Or you can Copy/Paste object styling.

In Pages '09 that is:

Menu > Format > Copy/Paste Graphic Style or option command c/v

Peter

Mar 6, 2014 7:48 AM in response to Lookin4ud

Actually this is one improvement in Pages 5.

I like Object Styles, partly because it is the one thing I recommended to Apple years ago that they actually finally listened to.

If you use it, it is amazingly powerful, because it is consistent and you can update it for the whole document at one fell swoop. Don't forget it also includes positioning, offests etc as well as the wide range of visual appearances.

Apple's implementation of it is flawed however because by using only a visual thumbnail without naming it, they have made subtle differences almost indistinguishable in the Format inspector.

But this is something they can easily, and probably will eventually fix.

Peter

Numbering a Course Map

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.