Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with pull-down menus

I have been having a lot of trouble with Safari Version 7.0.2 (9537.74.9) since upgrading to 10.9.2. One such problem is with pull-down menus in websites. (This is as distinguished from the pull-down menus of Safari itself.) Many websites have pull-down menus. These website menus do not work effectively in Mavericks. For example, one website that is very important to me has a menu that is longer than the height of my monitor. And the selections that I almost always need are at the bottom of that menu. When I scroll down that menu, the menu proceeds too fast, and I almost always overshoot the selection that I want. At that point, then, Safari stops the operation of the pull-down menu, and I have to reload the whole page.

Safari gets worse. Often I try to print a webpage to PDF. When I pull down the "PDF" menu in the print window, I have to be very, very careful to select the exact selection "save as PDF." If I don't, then Safari crashes, and I get a dialog box asking me if I want the OS to send a notice to Apple. I click "Yes." I wish the button said, "Yes, of course, right now, without delay," but it does not. And then I have to wait for Safari to start up again.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Mac mini (Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 9:38 AM

There are no replies.

problems with pull-down menus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.