Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod won't charge, sync or transfer purchases

I have an iPod touch 4th generation. When I connect it to the computer, iTunes opens and recognizes it, but the iPod doesn't charge (it will charge from another computer that doesn't have iTunes or any of my music).

When I try to sync, it shows that I have 4GB of "other" using up space (wth??), and 710 songs...but when I disconnect the iPod, I actually only have 100 songs and they are not the songs I tried to sync.The songs I want to sync appear in gray when I look under "On this iPod". I thought about wiping the device clean and starting again, but I have alot of purchased songs that I can't transfer. (I went to the File>Devices>Transfer purchases and it wouldn't give me the option, it was grayed out).

What can I do to sync and charge my iPod with my computer?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 10:12 AM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2014 10:27 AM in response to valponce427

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

An "other" that large usually indicates that the "other" includes corrupted files.

For the charging problem try another USB port.

It it charge on this computer before?

It could be that the USB prot does not put out enough power to charge the battery with the screen on. If yo leave the iPod connected with screen off/iPod sleeping, does it charge overnight?

Mar 6, 2014 8:57 AM in response to lllaass

Computer is authorized. This morning I saw some progress, I was able to transfer the purchases and sync the iPod with the computer. "Other" is still taking up 2GB however, and when I plugged in the iPod just now to finish adding the music I want, iTunes does not even recognize it (my computer makes a noise that lets me know the USB is connected but iTunes does not show any devices).

iPod won't charge, sync or transfer purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.