Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you find the other tracks (not just the audio recorded files) in Garageband Mac after exporting from GarageBand iPad?

I've been recording songs on the GarageBand iPad. My friend in a different city has a Macbook. He was going to add compression and mix the songs for me with his GarageBand. I sent the song file to my iTunes as "GarageBand" not as "iTunes." I put the .band file in Dropbox and shared that folder with him. In the media folder he only sees a few .aif tracks. They were 3 vocal tracks and a guitar track I recorded using the Audio Recorder on the iPad. But I had Drums, Strings, Synth, Bass... is there a trick to opening these on his side? I don't have a Mac, that's why we're going back and forth like this. Thanks!

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 10:09 AM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2014 10:30 AM in response to jeff6170

I put the .band file in Dropbox and shared that folder with him. In the media folder he only sees a few .aif tracks. They were 3 vocal tracks and a guitar track I recorded using the Audio Recorder on the iPad. But I had Drums, Strings, Synth, Bass... is there a trick to opening these on his side?

Your friend needs to open the .band file in GarageBand on the Mac, to be able to see the software instrument tracks - Drums, strings, synth bass, etc. The software instruments will be rendered by a synthesizer and are not visible as audio files in the .band package.

Does your friend have a compatible GarageBand version on the Mac? What is your version on the iPad?

GarageBand for iOS and Mac: Project compatibility

How do you find the other tracks (not just the audio recorded files) in Garageband Mac after exporting from GarageBand iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.