Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get rid of installation alert sign on mac?

Hi,

I have a really annoying Installation alert on my mac book pro.

Hot do I get rid of it?

Thanks

D

DUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 11:06 AM

Finder > Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor

All Processes > CPU

Select iTunes helper.

Click the X button at the top.

Confirm it.

6 replies

Jul 11, 2014 1:37 PM in response to djdmurray

Also note that if you have multiple users logged in and another user has the applications open that the installation alert is referencing then A)that may cause the alert in your account and B)quitting those applications in the other users account may remove the alert. In my situation my wife and I use the same laptop but have separate user accounts and I found that when I got one of these alerts, logged in to her account and quit the relevant apps, then logged back in to my account the alert was gone.

May 16, 2016 1:24 PM in response to urf

My whole family uses this Mac, when up to two people are logged in it goes really slow. Then just today the Installation alert popped up, all I had to do was logout of my mom and my sister's account and tada, all gone. This could also happen if something like skpe is open, just eject it on one of the accounts it got downloaded on and logout, all gone.

how to get rid of installation alert sign on mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.