Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AHT Error : 4SNS/1/C0000008: TC0C--124

Hi guys,

This is my first post in this support community forum so please be gentle. 😁

I own a MacBook Pro, Early 2011, 2GHz Intel Core i7 with 8GB of RAM. Current OSX version is OSX 10.9.2 (Mavericks).

My problem is that I can feel that my machine lags. Takes a few second just to scroll on Facebook (using any browsers). It also takes a few second for me to post status in Facebook (my typing is way faster; after 10 second of typing, I can finally see what I've typed lol).

Not just Facebook, I can feel it's lagginess, opening a new Finder windows, starting an app etc. Took an advice and ran the Apple Hardware Test; if gave me the error : 4SNS/1/C0000008: TC0C--124

Does anybody know what error this is?

by the way, before this I faced a kernel panic (kernel_task's CPU usage spiked very high) and did the solution as per stated in this site : http://www.rdoxenham.com/?p=259. In case you guys don't know (or too lazy to read the article), the article suggest for us to remove the MacBookProx_x.plist from "master drive – System -Library – Extensions – IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext -Contents – Plugins – ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext – Contents – Resources". My MacBook's MacBookPro8,2 hence I've removed MacBookPro8_2.plist from the mentioned path.

I've also tried to run smcFanControl and it shows my fan to be at the peak (6000rpm) and my temperature between 45 celcius to 70 celcius, depending on my current browser's activity.

Please tell me that this error and issue can be fixed by just formatting and reinstall a fresh copy of Mavericks; I knew that the .plist that I've removed somehow controls the fans/sensor thing.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 11:09 AM

2 replies

AHT Error : 4SNS/1/C0000008: TC0C--124

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.