Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I address SSL security issue on iPad 1

This new security issue discovered recently had my wife and I getting busy updating our phones, great now I have a possible bigger issue. How do I address this SSL issue on my iPad 1 running iOS 5.1.1 . So far apple does not seem to be releasing anything for us iPad 1 folks.

• Does this mean Apple does not care?

• Are they trying to leverage us into newer iPads?

• Is there a iOS 5.1.2 in the works?

• Or does it mean our iPad 1's are not affected by this breach.

Wish I had the coin to just go out and buy a new iPad but my disabled income does not have room for that, the one I have now was given to me by a very good friend and business owner before I was diagnosed. I use my iPad for virtually everything needing computing power. I really need to figure this out as I do Alot of shopping online.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, Fully loaded

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 11:56 AM

Since Apple does not discuss their customers or potential security breaches, I would assume that you are not affected. My assumption is based solely on the fact that if there were an issue with your device and security, either an update would be made available or an announcement would come from Apple advising you to migrate to a newer device.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2014 11:56 AM in response to Fuzzee D

Since Apple does not discuss their customers or potential security breaches, I would assume that you are not affected. My assumption is based solely on the fact that if there were an issue with your device and security, either an update would be made available or an announcement would come from Apple advising you to migrate to a newer device.

How do I address SSL security issue on iPad 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.