Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are VPN Settings Stored in Mavericks?

So, the short version is;

Anyone know where all the VPN settings are stored in Mavericks; and can I just use ARD to copy that file from one machine to another?

Longer version is:

I've been a user of DeployStudio for years and years for all my Imaging needs, it's worked great in general.

But Mavericks, and these new MacBook Pro's (11,2) models are giving me stress....

I have the latest build of DeployStudio, and it works, I can Netboot with multiple models, (iMAcs, Mac Mini's, Air's, Macbook Pro)

Build number 1.6.4-NB140206

The issue i'm having is builds seem to create fine, but when I put the build on the new Macbook Pro's (11,2) Models. the VPN Configurations are not being read. The Imaged machines show VPN as "Not Configured"..

I've tried re-building my base machine multiple times, the Configurations are postively there when I create my build. The configurations are still there after I create an image of the machine.

But when I put the build onto another (11,2) Model the VPN settings disappear.

I'm wondering if there is a configuration file that holds the settings. I have tried exporting the VPN entries, and re-importing them on the new machine, but when I import them, the come in as LT2 IPSEC, instead of the proper Cisco (IPSEC). So i'm getting stuck.

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), IT Manager for an Ad Agency

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 10:00 AM

I think i resolved it. I put the "By Hosts" folder in my User Template, and i think that's what was messing up the VPN and Keychain on my builds..

1 reply

Where are VPN Settings Stored in Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.