Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upate my iPhone 4 to iOS6

It seems to say that in the support files which have tipped me above. has anyone done this? I don't want to erase it and then find out I have to use iOS 7. It says I have to erase it first.

I would be doing it on an OsX 10.8 machine that I still have in the box from June.

HT4972: iOS 4: Updating your device to iOS 5 or later

Learn about iOS 4: Updating your device to iOS 5 or later

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 11:19 AM

9 replies

Mar 5, 2014 11:53 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

1) At the time I had no idea I could update the system on a phone

2) The cobbler's children have no shoes - I'm a very busy person

3) I do believe the phone is a 4, and should at least be able to run iOS6 but... I think iOS7 would break it because it breaking newer phones

4) I can never use a system that looks like Android because I am a very old person who can't SEE the calendar which I depend on for my daily work.. in fact I can't see much of anything on it especially while driving. Our human eyes were not meant to discern flat things. The world is textured. I purposely bought a new iPhone 5 with iOS6 on it, but is going in for a speaker repair on warranty and they tell me they have to erase it. I just hope it comes back with iOS6 on it... or someone is going to have h3LL to pay. 👿

Mar 5, 2014 12:06 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

I have never read a user guide in my life. I have fixed and repaired hardware components on every Mac model that exists, from the mid 1990's (except for some laptops) up until around 2005. A phone is a phone...

I'm not worried about time, I'm worried about whether it will be usable. My sister accidentally updated her iPad so I know the answer to that.

I perhaps should have said in bright light, which is in the car. People do call while you're driving and the iPhone does not even have the simple voice command to pick up (unless they added it) that my old LG teardrop phone used to have.

Can I upate my iPhone 4 to iOS6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.