Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My icloud account does not sync with my iphone 4s. My contacts do not show up on icloud and I do have "contacts" turned on to backup

My icloud account does not sync with my iphone 4S. My contacts do not turn up on icloud and I do have "contacts" turned on in my phone.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 12:04 PM

Actually no information on my phone backs up to icloud

9 replies

Mar 5, 2014 12:08 PM in response to rwurzl

Backing up to iCloud and syncing data with iCloud are two different things. In order to sync your data with iCloud, go to Settings>iCloud and turn on the data you want to sync (such as contacts). If you've done this, but your contacts still don't appear on icloud.com, 0pen the contacts app on your phone and tap Groups. Do you have any non-iCloud accounts listed, such as On My iPhone, Gmail, Yahoo or an exchange account?

Also go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Account (in the Contacts section). Do you have the Default Account setting there, and if so, what is selected as your default account.

Mar 5, 2014 12:20 PM in response to rwurzl

Unchecking them won't help, it will only hide them from view. The issue you're running into is that iCloud doesn't sync contacts from non-iCloud accounts like your exchange and Yahoo accounts. In order to sync these with iCloud, you would need to copy them to the iCloud account and then disable contact syncing with these other accounts. (If you didn't disable contacts syncing with these accounts, you would see duplicates of these contacts on your phone -- one from the external account, and one from iCloud.) If you want to do this, do the following:

1. Go to Settings>iCloud, turn Contacts to Off, choose Delete from My iPhone when prompted (any iCloud contacts will still be in iCloud).
  2. Download the app My Contacts Backup. (If you have more than 500 contacts to transfer from your other accounts you will need the “Pro” version.) Use the app to back up the remaining contacts on your phone (from the other accounts) as a vCard attachment to an email that you send to yourself. Confirm that you have received the email before proceeding to step 3.
  3. Go to Settings>iCloud and turn Contacts back to On.
  4. Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Account (in the Contacts section), and confirm that this is set to iCloud.
  5. Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars…tap your Yahoo and your exchange account and turn off contacts syncing with these accounts. This will remove the contacts from these accounts from your phone.
  6. Open the My Contacts Backup email and tap the attachment to import the contacts from these accounts back to your phone, and to iCloud. All your contacts should now be in iCloud and be visible on icloud.com.

Mar 5, 2014 12:39 PM in response to rwurzl

If nothing is syncing with iCloud, save any photo stream photos that you want to keep to your camera roll, then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide your password and choose Delete from My iPhone when prompted (which only deletes iCloud data from your phone, not from iCloud), then after a few seconds sign back in.

Feb 7, 2016 7:33 AM in response to randers4

I have the same issue as the original post. My iPhone does not show up in iCloud but I know when I check all of my settings and run a backup the iPhone says the device is backed up. I tried deleting my account as a last resort. Still no luck. I still only see one of my two devices on the home page in iCloud. Very frustrating.

My icloud account does not sync with my iphone 4s. My contacts do not show up on icloud and I do have "contacts" turned on to backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.