Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My imac won't mirror with my apple tv since today's update

Today I updated my mac and now I can't get my mac mirror on my Tv with apple tv. I've tried to mirror my iphone and my ipad and it worked ! so the problem is the update. What should I do ? HELP !!!!!!....I work with my mac and my apple tv, I need help as soon as possible !

iMac, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 12:33 PM

15 replies

Mar 20, 2014 1:31 AM in response to gustavomarco

I too have this problem. I finally did the Mavricks update and now it won't mirror with the ATV. It will connect but it is a black screen and on my iMac the option for "Extend Desktop" is checked and won't let me uncheck it and I can't check "Mirror iMac". This worked fine before doing the OSX update for Mavricks. I have done all the restarts and what not. My iMac connects to the ATV, just won't mirror.

Any suggestions?

Apr 21, 2014 11:55 AM in response to gustavomarco

I have the a similar problem. I bought a new iMac last week. I can mirror my screen to Apple TV, that works fine. The issue starts when I press the play button in iTunes to start the movie, then the movie does not show on my apple tv, neither on my iMac....I get a grey screen, but the sound does work.

If I disconnect Apple TV, it does show the movie on my iMac.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

My imac won't mirror with my apple tv since today's update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.