Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Errors working with OS X 10.9.2 and iTunes 11.1.5 (5)

Urg! Getting so frustrated! I had our computer's hard drive and RAM completely upgraded and we're now running OS X. Everything is working great except when we try to use iTunes. If we try to update Apps we get an 'unknown error (-50) message and when we try to authorize our computer (because, apparently, iTunes doesn't recognize it anymore) - then we get an 'unknown error (5002) message. If we plug in any of our devices, iTunes said it will clear them of their content unless we authorize our computer.

Grrrrrr.

iMac (24-inch Early 2008)

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 1:21 PM

3 replies

Mar 7, 2014 4:24 PM in response to matt00

Sorry Matt - it didn't but I appreciate you writing me back. I then tried re-loading iTunes for OS X and that didn't seem to make a bit of difference. All I'm trying to do is get iTunes to authorize my computer so that I can update my apps, purchase songs and sync our family's iPhones and iPad - same error messages all the time (-50) when trying to update/purchase and (5002) when trying to authorize. It won't even let me watch the movies I've purchased in the past because the computer isn't authorized to play them.

Can I completely delete iTunes from my computer and then re-load it? Or will I lose everything?

Respectfully yours,

Becky

Errors working with OS X 10.9.2 and iTunes 11.1.5 (5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.