Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks 9.2 SSH is now admin access only

I have tried every solution out there. Only admins can access my Xserver via SSH. Why are there even two places to enable SSH in Mavericks? It's so frustrating. I have tried turning both locations on/off. Tried setting via serveradmin. Adding users to the allowed list. Rebooting. Still, any non-admin user gets "connection closed" I have users demanding SFTP be working again. Any new solutions (apart from a clean install) please post. This happened immediately after the 9.2 update. When will these stupid bugs be fixed? Where is the prefs setting file for this?

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 2:00 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2014 2:16 PM in response to pkmusic

Found it. The login shell for the affected users in WGM was set to none. This was why adding users to the admin group didn't work. Making the login shell for the affected users bin/bash allowed Filezilla to connect. This was not an issue in 9.1, but for security, perhaps it should be. I don't really know why the deafult in WGM is "none" but that's the fix.

Mavericks 9.2 SSH is now admin access only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.