Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i delete a defunct Apple ID from iCloud. It controls my access to iCloud and I can't change it. I do have a current Apple ID and Password in iTunes, App Store and everywhere else.

I have a Mac desk top and and iPad, a current Apple ID and Password and gmail address. Mac says can't access icloud be cause of a problem with my gmail address. I click to fix it and it asks for a password for my OLD yahoo account, whick I don't have. BTW, this is all set up on my iPad but the account is not verified.....round and round she goes! What can I do next?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 2:06 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2014 2:39 PM in response to Annbloome

If the old ID (Yahoo address) was an earlier version of your current ID (Gmail address), try recreating your old ID from your new ID by going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. Then enter the password for your current ID when your Mac prompts you for your Yahoo ID.

how can i delete a defunct Apple ID from iCloud. It controls my access to iCloud and I can't change it. I do have a current Apple ID and Password in iTunes, App Store and everywhere else.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.