Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my rescue email address in my Apple ID?

Background: I am trying to change my Apple ID username. My username is going to become non-compliant with my company's policy on using Apple devices, so I need to change it to my personal email address from my current username, which conatins my corporate email address.

However, when try to do that, the Apple ID data page rejects my personal email address because I already have it set it up as my rescue email address.

So, I believe that I need to first change my rescue email address, however there doesn't appear to be any place on the "Manage User ID" screen to do that. I looked at Apple ID FAQ's, and also searched "change rescue email".

Any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 2:18 PM

Click here for information. If you can't reset it through the method described in that article(it requires correctly answering two of the questions), contact the iTunes Store staff via the link in the 'Additional Information' section.

(101959)
3 replies

Mar 5, 2014 2:19 PM in response to shana3

Alternatives for Help Resetting Security Questions and Rescue Mail

1. Apple ID- All about Apple ID security questions.

2. Rescue email address and how to reset Apple ID security questions

3. Apple ID- Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security.

4. Fill out and submit this form. Select the topic, Account Security.

5. Call Apple Customer Service: Contacting Apple for support in your

country and ask to speak to Account Security.

How to Manage your Apple ID: Manage My Apple ID

How do I change my rescue email address in my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.