Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my photos are gone!

I log onto iPhoto and all my photos are gone.

I was working on baby books for my kids and they were ready to be ordered.

I have the pictures on an external harddrive so I didn't lose anything but my progress on their books and I have the finished books saved as pdfs.

Is there any way I could restore my progress on their books? I can't reupload the photos because there's not enough room on my harddrive.

Do I just need to suck it up and use a photo book creator online and start over?

If I do need to do that- what online photo book creator would you recommend?

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 2:11 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2014 2:57 PM in response to rwysocki

need details

what version of iPhoto? Of the OS? do you have a default "managed" library (the iPhoto preference to "copy imported items to the iPhoto library is in its checked state) ? Where is the iPhoto library located? How much free space do you have on yoru hard drive?

What happened to cause this?

Best way to restore your book is to restore your backup from between the time it was finished and you lost it

Note that there are services like Presto Printwho advertise being able to print books from PDFs

LN

All my photos are gone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.