Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to delete or change your @icloud e-mail?

I have been getting spam e-mails or e-mails saying I'm signing up to websites (that I've never even heard of before). I think someone hacked my e-mail address? Or someone is using it to sign up for websites somehow? I never use this e-mail (I've never even sent an e-mail with it before), so I was surprised to find a ton of spam when I checked on it today. It kind of worries me... 😟

How do I fix this? Is there a way for me to delete the account or "turn it off"?

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 2:21 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2014 2:30 PM in response to izzy.salazar

Chances are a spammer randomly generated @icloud.com addresses and tested them to find the ones that work, and yours was randomly generated by chance. You can't delete your @icloud.com address (short of creating a new iCloud account and abandoning it), but you can set up an email filter to send any email sent to the address to the trash, where it will automatically be deleted after 30 days. This explains how to set up an email filter on icloud.com: http://help.apple.com/icloud/#/mm6b1a3f8a.

Is it possible to delete or change your @icloud e-mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.