Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto won't let me share a video?

I want to share a video i have in iphoto but it keeps telling me i cant share it. Why? Do i have to share it from imovie? if so how do i do that?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 3:58 PM

6 replies

Mar 6, 2014 8:07 AM in response to VickyDu

Hpow about some information so people aren't just makeing wild guesses

What version of iPhoto? Of the OS? What is the exact error message? what is the source and format of the movie? Does it play in iPhoto?

The simplest and most general answer is to select it in iPhoto and export as kind is original - then share the exported QuickTime movie as you please

LN

Mar 6, 2014 10:21 AM in response to VickyDu

To add to the already good advice in this topic iPhoto can't share videos via email. It's built into the app. Most email servers have a size limit of 10 to 20 MB on attachments so Apple has elected to not allow users to try to email videos, only photos.

If you manually add a video to an email and find it didn't go thru due to size you'll need to try a different method of sharing, like YouTube, Vimeo or Dropbox.

OT

Iphoto won't let me share a video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.