Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find the instruction on how I can create a group on my Contacts i.e. by just using the Group name instead of typing each individual name of the recipient.

I would like to create a Group on my Contacts list ie when I send an email to the same group of people, I would just like to use that group name instead of typing each name individually. I used to be able to do this on the old OS version but it seems it is different name. Please let me know how to do this on the new version. Thanks.

iMac, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 4:08 PM

4 replies

Jun 15, 2015 8:50 AM in response to Ferd II

Any idea how to do it with sub-groups?

I have a group called "sponsors"

I have created other groups called Company A, Company B, Company C. I have individual contacts in each of these.

what I used to do was drag and drop Company A, B, C into sponsors folders...where I would just see Company A, B, C and if I clicked on them, I would see the individuals. When I wanted to write an email to all of the sponsors, I typed in sponsors and when I just wanted to write to company A, I would type in their email address. Now when I type in sponsors (in MacMail) nothing comes up. It doesn't recognize the sub-groups in there (company A, B, C, etc). When I type in Company A, (in MacMail) it populates the names of the individuals from that company that I have in that group.

This used to work and I don't know what's wrong with it now? Can anyone help?

I can't find the instruction on how I can create a group on my Contacts i.e. by just using the Group name instead of typing each individual name of the recipient.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.