Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Drivers of Bootcamp

I am now running windows 8.1 under boot camp.

I received an alert that I need to update my drivers.

How can I do that?

Thanks.

Tareq

MACBOOK PRO (RETINA, 15-INCH, LATE 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Running Windows 7 on Boot Camp

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 5:10 PM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2014 4:11 PM in response to Rudegar

Not quite sure I understood you.

It was windows alert (the flag that is displayed at the lower write corner). It was forwarding me to apple bootcamp support page.

The message says

Download and install the driver for Boot Camp Support Software

Boot Camp Support Software is missing a driver.

A driver for Boot Camp Support Software, and instructions for installing it, are available on the manufacturer's website.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileTap or click to download the driver from the Apple Inc website

The driver available might be designed for a different version of Windows than the version you’re running on your PC. Apple Inc, the company that manufactured Boot Camp Support Software, has confirmed that you can safely install and use the

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jun 13, 2014 10:28 PM in response to Rudegar

I'm getting the exact same message. I just installed Win 8.1 Enterprise WITH the latest Boot Camp Software. Problem I have is...the message doesn't tell you WHICH driver you need, and the link just takes you to Apple's Downloads page.

What driver am I supposed to download and install? Windows' Device Manager doesn't show any issues, nor do the Windows logs.

Thanks.

Jun 13, 2014 11:59 PM in response to Gmouse1

Here are the two error messages that are prompting me to dowload drivers. I tried looking up the hardware ID's in Google, but, no joy...

Any idea of what is needed to be installed?

Thanks.

Description
Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is ACPI\VEN_APP&DEV_0001.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Architecture: x64
Hardware Id: ACPI\VEN_APP&DEV_0001
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 46959ceac640395e89a0a2dbb181fe60 (-1483726193)

Description
Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is ACPI\VEN_APP&DEV_0002.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Architecture: x64
Hardware Id: ACPI\VEN_APP&DEV_0002
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 5392d63bde360ae018f47b57eaaef730 (-1483726188)

Update Drivers of Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.