Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete pictures off my iPhone 5S?

I want to delete all the pictures off my iPhone 5S...except for the albums that I am selected to keep from iTunes. When I import my pix to my iPhoto, I am selected to delete the pix, but I still have TONS of other pix still on my phone. How do I delete all pix from the phone and only keep the ones I want from selected in albums?

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 5:50 PM

After selecting delete the photos/videos from the iPhone's camera roll after the iPhoto import process is complete, there are still photos available in the iPhone's camera roll?

2 replies

Mar 5, 2014 5:51 PM in response to namaste808

If you have deleted pictures in your Camera Roll, but still have pictures on the iPhone, then those are either in your Photo Stream and/or the photos you're syncing from iTunes.

To clean up what you're syncing from iTunes, it seems that the best way is to change your sync settings to not sync photos at all, perform a sync to remove them, then re-select the photo sync option while selecting the source(s) of the photos to sync from, then sync again to add them back. (I suspect this is the issue you're asking about, and there is no easy way to remove pictures you previously synced through iTunes)

To remove pictures from Photo Stream, either turn Photo Stream off in your iCloud settings, or remove the ones you don't want from your Photo Stream.

How do I delete pictures off my iPhone 5S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.