Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi! My MacBook Pro won't start! HELP !!!

Hi! My MacBook Pro won't start! I have tried everything I can think of like Safe Mode (doesn't work), Recovery (does not find Recovery Drive), Booting with OS Snow Leopard Cd (doesn't work)...

I have really no clue about what to do now... I paid quite a lot of money for this computer and am pretty short of money nowadays! Would like to repair with help rather than having to take it to Apple Store.

Has anyone had this same problem?

All I get is white screen + grey Apple and spinning grey disk... it's 100% frustrating! Any help would be more than welcome since I think i've tried EVERY SUGGESTION on this Support Center and Youtube videos...

This MBP is from 2011, runs on OS X 10.6.8
I tried booting with OS X Snow Leopard CD, it didn't work! (my cd player works! recognizes the Snow Leopard CD, but then never opens it... goes back forever to the with screen + apple and spinning disk)
I don't care about the content, it's OK if i lose all DATA... I just want to bring this Mac BACK TO LIFE!
When i run coomand on root# fsck -fy --> RESULT = my HD was checked and seems to be FINE!

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 7:29 PM

1 reply

Hi! My MacBook Pro won't start! HELP !!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.