Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to downgrade my iphone 4 from ios7 to ios6

Sir , I want to downgrade my ios7 to ios6 . Please help me , my iphone is working very slow.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.5, My iphone is of GSM version

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 1:34 AM

10 replies

Mar 10, 2014 1:44 PM in response to turingtest2

turingtest2 wrote:

There is no downgrade path for iOS. Backup and then immediately restore the iPhone. Turn off features you don't use, for example Bluetooth, and make sure that you are using Wi-Fi when available for data.

tt2

On IOS 6 you did not have to continuously turn off features. This is an admittance that IOS 7 is too much for Iphone 4 users to handle.

Mar 10, 2014 2:35 PM in response to fossilsol

I turned off Bluetooth when I was running iOS 6 too. Improves battery life to disable a wireless radio that you don't use. If I had something to connect to I would turn it on. Taking a little bit of time to explore the features and set them to best suit your needs is all I'm suggesting. Regardless of whether you like iOS 7 or not Apple have chosen not to support downgrading of the OS. Finding an accomodation with the change is the best option. Perhaps iOS 7.1 will suit you and/or Sukharshdeep better, but as the saying goes, you can't please all the people all the time.

tt2

Mar 10, 2014 7:39 PM in response to Sukharshdeep

If you had used iTunes for Windows to download iOS 7, following the successful download, iTunes will delete the existing iOS 6 image to your Recycle bin.

It may be possible to move it back and then do a restore from your last backup.

However, it is an involved and untried process and I am not in a position to try it out.

Mar 11, 2014 4:02 PM in response to fossilsol

I don't work for Apple.

Battery life seems fine for me. I normally charge my iPhone overnight but it often survives a second day if I don't. Can't say I've noticed any change from iOS 6.

The majority of people who ask questions on these boards are going to come here with problems. Even if you see others posting about the same topic that doesn't mean everyone has the same issue, or that regular posters like myself have necessarily come across it.

tt2

Mar 11, 2014 11:20 PM in response to turingtest2

APPLICATIONIOS 6.1.3IOS 7.0IOS 7.1 GM
Safari1.13 seconds2.05 seconds1.8 seconds
Camera1.9 seconds2.63 seconds2.2 seconds
Settings1.31 seconds1.88 seconds1.37 seconds
Mail1.0 seconds1.50 seconds1.35 seconds
Messages1.57 seconds2.80 seconds1.5 seconds
Calendar1.23 seconds1.78 seconds1.37 seconds
Phone0.67 seconds2.37 seconds1.83 seconds
Cold boot to lock screen31.14 seconds45.13 seconds43.1 seconds

It's a no brainer. IOS 6 is faster period.

How to downgrade my iphone 4 from ios7 to ios6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.