Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11.5.5 for Windows

Hi Guys

Been on a few days ago regarding this issue I have with the new version of iTunes, since my last visit, I have managed to get it up and running on 2 of my Windows 7 systems that is my Server PC and my HP Laptop.

The problem I am getting when I install it on my Desktop PC this is the PC I use daily install no bother go to load the application it load then after 20 seconds I get a error msg saying (ITUNES HAS STOPPED WORKING) it then goes on to say windows is looking for a solution the only option is to close

This is driving me nuts as I can not understand how it works on two of my systems and not on the 3rd one surly if there was as a issue with the software it would happen on all

Steps I have done

1. uninstalled iTunes 11.5.5 application about 3 times now
  2. reinstalled iTunes 11.5.5 application about 3 times now
  3. gone back to using iTunes 11.4.6.2 to upgrade to 11.5.5 that way
  4. ran iTunes 11.5.5 in safe mode
  5. defragged my Windows 7 Hard Disk and Registry files for errors

My 2 Desktop PC’s are running Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1

My Laptop is running Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1

Both PC’s have the same hardware spec

Gigabyte Motherboard

AMD CPU

ATI Radeon Graphics

16 GB Ram

Hope some one can give reason to why this is

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 2:12 AM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2014 7:30 AM in response to smdodgson1968

Hey smdodgson1968,

Thanks for the question. You've done an amazing job troubleshooting so far. If the issue persists when you start iTunes in safe mode, the next isolation step is to test the issue in a new user account. This will isolate the issue to either your user account, or a system wide issue:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1717

If needed, you may also want to uninstall iTunes and all of its related components (5 components total, not just the iTunes application itself). See this resource for more information:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

Thanks,

Matt M.

itunes 11.5.5 for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.