Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making an in-app purchase on an old iphone3.

I've got a used iphone 3 and if I try to download apps from the phone I get told that my current phone needs to be upgraded to the latest version of the iOS. As the phone is an iphone3 it can only be upgraded to 4.2.1 which I have done. On the other hand, if I purchase apps using iTunes then install those same application to my iphone there is no problem. I'm trying to make an in app purchase on iKic Kanji in Context a study tool. The application works fine I just want to make the purchase.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 2:46 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2014 3:20 AM in response to Julian Mourell

The reason you can install certain apps via iTunes to iPhone, is because the developer is still supporting older versions, it just can't be done directly to iPhone.

As to why you can't make an in app purchase I cannot help you but go to the app at the Apple store and select App Support – there is an email address on their website.

Making an in-app purchase on an old iphone3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.