Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro doesn't seem to work

My Macbook Pro doesn't seem to work at all. I was using it for some work when the trackpad went a little crazy and zoomed in and enlarged my entire background. I just shut it down and when it turned back on, the problem seemed to go away but when I tried to enter my password for my account, none of the keys that had the letters to my password worked. I started typing some other keys and found that some caused a little error sound while others were nonresponsive. Then my trackpad decided to get funky and that stopped working too. It was barely responsive and nothing seems to really work.

Right now, the enter key for some reason is a character that can be typed, my S key is now my delete key, my delete key doesn't even work anymore, my B key is now my right arrow key which doesn't really work. My Q key used to work but to get one character, I need to press it twice but now it's useless. My A key sometimes gives a character but it's definitely not an A. My O key and my apostrophe key are both characters but I don't think either of them are what they usually are. The keys F1 to F12 are completely fine but it just seems to be everything else.

If any can provide any advice or help, I've shut down my Macbook Pro and restarted it a few times already but that did not help at all. If I can't fix it myself, I'll go to an Apple Store and see what they can do but I'd like to see if anyone can shed some light on what is happening.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 4:02 AM

2 replies

My Macbook Pro doesn't seem to work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.