Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not syncing all playlists?

When I sync my 5s with my Mac, the playlists are not updating or syncing. Furthermore, some of the songs are not playing again. I had this problem before and never really could figure out what fixed it. It just began working again. Now, however, I have tried updating the software, re-syncing multiple times and it still won't work. I had edited some of my playlists and whenever I sync my phone, it adds the old playlist to the Mac and adds a "1" to the title of what should be the new and updated playlist. I have even deleted the old, original playlists and it's still happening. After doing that, I can't get one of the playlists back on the phone at all.

Anyone else with this experience?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 5:49 AM

5 replies

Jan 18, 2017 8:32 PM in response to drcjh1

I think I can help. I also had the same problem: playlists were on my MacBook, but not showing up on my phone. My phone had all the songs, just not the playlists that organized them. To solve: I plugged phone into MacBook, opened I-Tunes, then (from within the left, vertical-menu) I had to click-and-drag one playlist at a time (from MacBook list upward into where my phone showed in the list). Make sure you drag it into where is says music (in the phone area). Unfortunately, you have to drag-and-drop one playlist at a time, but it does the job. Hope this helps!

Mar 6, 2014 12:36 PM in response to AmishCake

That still doesn't work. I've tried several times. Some of my songs, which are not purchased songs by the way, but songs off of cds are also not playable now.

When I check the box to un-sync the music, then click apply, a sync starts and immediately the box unchecks itself and all the playlists repopulate on the Mac screen. They aren't even being deleted from my phone either.

iTunes not syncing all playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.