Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost tyuio found

I'd been having problems with my left shift key on caps, then yesterday I lost tyuio lower and upper keys.

I ran Disk Warrior to clean things up. Not a bad idea but still no success.

i turned Bluetooth off and everything worked for a few minutes then lost shift function with the left shift key on trying to cap those letters, but the lower case tyuio continues to work and TYUIO on the right shift key continues to work consistently, but only sometimes with the left shift key.

Weird. MNBVCXZASDFGHJKL:"POIUYTREWQ!@#$%^&*()_ At the moment, the left shift key works fine.

Regards,

y Ford

(hah, and now, NT!)

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 7:09 AM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2014 6:53 AM in response to Ty Ford1

After reading about someone who had a similar problem and described it as an issue with a swollen battery, I took my battery out and ran on ac power this morning. It's just been a short time (and we know how that is) but so far, all keyboard functions are normal.

The battery does not look perfectly flat. Whether the amount of distension is enough to cause the problem remains to be seen today.

I had a swollen battery a few years back that Apple replaced for free because it was a known issue. (Curiously, the woman in line next to me was charged for her swollen battery, so watch out for that.)

Regards,

Ty Ford

lost tyuio found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.