Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Keynote 6.1, "Send to back" does not place an image behind the elements included in the "slide layout" (master slide) anymore. How to fix this?

With Keynote 6.1 I cannot put an image behind the page header included in the slide layout (master page). This was possible to do before and it is really annoying. Pagination etc needs to be able to go on top of an image of a slide. Any fix to this? Thanks a lot for any help!

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 7:49 AM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2014 8:40 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for the reply Gary.

And yes, I used to, too. But since installing Keynote 6.1, this feature does not work anymore. The master slide is always at the very back of the layout. Meaning I cannot place a background image on a specific slide behind the headers on the master slide, without putting the background image on the master slide itself. Are you working with Keynote 6.1?

Mar 6, 2014 1:16 PM in response to Markfranzen

Sorry, I missed out the most important bit when I went for our coffee break.

You would create a duplicate master slide for the design you are working on, place the new object on the master and send to back. you delete the unwanted masters for simplicity

You can then apply the new master whenever you need that object in the background.

I regularly create presentations where I have a slide master for each slide so that each slide has its own master, I can chage the design instantly for one slide.

In Keynote 6.1, "Send to back" does not place an image behind the elements included in the "slide layout" (master slide) anymore. How to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.