Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High data usage on Ipad

I did a re install on my Ipad after I found that it is non of my ISP that causes the high data usage. This was done with various elimanation. Last was when installing Data Monior Pro on all my Apple devices to see which one is using the data, I found it is my Ipad3. I disabled everything that can possibly connect to something. Still high data usage and I talk about 1 gig in less than an hour. I then did a hard reset with no apps, seconds after connecting to wifi, it started using extreme data again. I then used Wireshark that shows its connecting to Variuos IP adresses of apple.com.That after all icloud etc. is off. What do apple use my data for and this is happening to only on one of my 8 apple devices running on the same Wifi network. I need answers from Apple Support urgently cause this is extreme misuse of my data. I can sent you the proof if required.!!!

iPad, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 8:04 AM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2014 8:13 AM in response to Krugera

Apple Support does not participate in these forums. These are user-to-user forums only. And this forum is for questions from those managing sites on iTunes U, Apple's service for colleges and universities to post educational material in the iTunes Store. You'll be most likely to get help with this issue if you ask in the general iPad forum.

Regards.

Mar 6, 2014 8:24 AM in response to Krugera

Again, these are user-to-user support forums, as it says in the terms of use we all agreed to. Apple technicians do not participate in the Communities. Quoting from those terms:

Apple may respond to questions but does not formally provide technical support on the Site.

If you want help from Apple Support, you will need to call them or make an appointment at an Apple Store.

If you would like help from we your fellow users, again, this particular forum is for questions from those managing iTunes U sites. Youll be more likely to get help with your issue if you ask in the iPad forum.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/ipad/using_ipad

Regards.

High data usage on Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.