Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Properly using TCE?

I am getting back in VO acting and I have been a pro tools user since 05. I have logic X and have been playing around, but I need to get effecient. We cut out our breaths to shorten the overall audio file, but sometimes we have to use TCE for those clients that like to load up the copy with the kitchen sink.

Right now I think I am in Bars mode. In PT I use the slip mode and the min:sec mode. I also like to use TCE on the whole audio file to get the most consistent time compression possible.

1. How do I change from bars to mins:sec?

2. After I have processed my audio via normalization (I use this to make all my smaller clips into one :29 sec audio file) How do I find the TCE and do I use "universal" or "complex", and since I don't use markers, what do I do to get the TCE to apply to the whole file.

If these questions aren't clear, in Pro Tools, I cut out my breaths, I add zero normalization to link all the files to one large file. Then I take the TCE bracket, put it at the end of the file and compress inward until I reach :20 or :58.

Cheers!

iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 8:05 AM

There are no replies.

Properly using TCE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.