Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring slides merges them in Keynote 6.1?

When I transfer a slide from one presentation to another, the whole slide merges and become ONE picture

The same when I copy a number of objects from a slide to another slide in another presentation, the objects become ONE.
This never happened before. Keynote 6.1 is flawed in so many ways. Anyone who can help me with this?

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 8:38 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2014 1:24 PM in response to Markfranzen

We don't see this issue at all. There were a number of issues in copy and pasting between presentations with version 6.0 but we have never seen this in 6.1.

We use best practice of only using 6.1 to create new presentations.

Are you perhaps using files originally created in 5.3 or 6.0 and are now working on them in 6.1?

If so this is the issue.

Mar 7, 2014 1:35 AM in response to Markfranzen

This is worth a try to repair Keynote:

you must complete all the tasks and in the order shown:

1 delete all the iWork applications if you have them, not just Keynote by using Appcleanerfrom Mac Update to do this, its freeware

2 restart the Mac; Apple menu > restart

3 immediately after the start chime, press the shift key until you see the Apple symbol.

let it fully boot up, it will take longer as the OS is repairing the drive

4 when fully booted, go to Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility; click on the boot drive then First Aid tab and click repair disc permissions

5 when complete, restart the Mac normally

6 install Keynote from the Mac App Store

please report back

Transferring slides merges them in Keynote 6.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.