Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad mini suddenly keeps crashing this happened after I updated the IOS to 7. Why is this ?

My iPad mini keeps crashing all the time since I updated the IOS to 7. It is very frustrating - can anyone suggest why this is happening?

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 10:22 AM

Assuming "Why is this happening" isn't really what you want:

Try a reset. Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2014 10:22 AM in response to Diana Deeks-Plummer

Assuming "Why is this happening" isn't really what you want:

Try a reset. Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

Mar 7, 2014 2:02 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Thanks James. I will keep that in mind if it keeps happening AFTER I discovered that I had about forty apps opened at the same time and learned how to close them all down! Being the type of person who seldom RTFM, I had no idea that the home button merely switched between applications. I've used Macs since the early 90s and have always shut applications down after using (understanding the use of memory)

So thanks for your prompt reply,

Diana

Apr 11, 2015 5:09 AM in response to Diana Deeks-Plummer

what you are "dealing with" is a line of code in safari that keeps the ipad from crashing in the ios 7 update they removed that line of code which made the ipad extremely unstable you can know when its about to crash when it starts to slow down

but there are a lot of bugs that were in the actual operating system 54 to be exact!

thers glitches incude

.the screen zooming in when tapping with 3 fingers even if the accessability feature is disabled

.the control menu glitching up

.the screen softlocking

.images not being displayed properly

.tabs being deleted in safari

so in a way ios 7 is actually one of the most glitchiest and unstable operating systems on this planet and the same can be said about ios 8

My iPad mini suddenly keeps crashing this happened after I updated the IOS to 7. Why is this ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.