Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New mac user. Help! Apple ID not working. Limit reached? How to change?

Hey Folks.

I just bought a used / mint MacBookPro. I'm a PC user and programmer by trade, but I'm done with MS. So, I'm doing ok, but I registered for a new Mac ID. The old one was the guy that used to own the MacBook pro, but I can't reach him, and I am having trouble doing updates because when I try to log in to the App store the window that pops up has the old uers creditionals / user id already inserted in the text box and it's grayed out so I can change it. Or, I get the message that Apple ID limit is reached. Anyway, I deleted him off the machine along with his files under the profiles or users. I now need to change the app store to use MY APPLE ID!

Please advise where to change if you would ?

Also, is there a link somewhere I can study the Mac Os online?

By the way, if it matters this laptop is Maverick .. The OS is. I hope that's enough info to get help. I really appreciate it in advance. I'll book mark this site, and see what answers I get later.

God speed and thanks again in advance

Tim

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 9:24 AM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2014 10:20 AM in response to Csound1

I tried this, but it's wanting me to enter credit card info. I just want to update the machine. I don't want to buy anything yet. There has to be an easier way? :-) You see, when I do sign in the app store, I get the message that I've not purchased anything and my account needs to be reviewed. But, if I try to just update the apps such as I photo because I have the new OS installed / Maverick. I get a pop up box asking me to sign in. (Now I don't want to buy anything, but want to update) and then when I try to sign in with MY Apple ID. I'm not allowed to because it has the old mac book users "user ID" already entered in the input box and it's greyed out so I can't change it? Odd to me. What if you had two accounts and wanted to change? Anyway, it says I can't change it because I've reached the account limit? I have no idea how many folks were using the App store. Isnt' there an easier way to update your machine?

Thanks

Tim

New mac user. Help! Apple ID not working. Limit reached? How to change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.