Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking to combine single songs by different artists to one album

I'm pretty new to iTunes so bear with my noobishness.

I have imported all of my CDs into iTunes. No problem there. I also imported my wife's iTunes music files. My problem is that she has bought many single songs by various artists through the iStore and I would like to combine all of those singles into one area. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. So, for example, there are 3 songs I would like to combine to one area - let's say a song by:

Adele on album 19

Adele on album 21

The Cult on album The Cult

So now I have 2 artists and 3 albums for three songs. Is there a way to generate a "new album" called "Singles" or something and move those 3 songs to that new album?

And yes, I appreciate it, but this link doesn't actually answer the question I am asking because it is using already created albums, is not a compilation, and generally focuses on like artists:

http://samsoft.org.uk/iTunes/grouping.asp

I'm looking for the least labor intensive way to do this because it would be for hundreds of songs.

What are your recommendations?

Windows 8

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 12:45 PM

Moxiepilot wrote:

I'm looking for the least labor intensive way to do this because it would be for hundreds of songs.

What are your recommendations?

Playlists.

• A song can be in many Playlists.
  • You can give the Playlist the name "Singles"
  • You can drag a complete album or just one track into a Playlist.
2 replies

Mar 6, 2014 1:11 PM in response to Moxiepilot

A playlist should work for you if you simply want one place to go to for those tracks. If however you want the tracks to appear as one or more single albums, i.e. your own compilation albums, then give them a common Album title and a common Album Artist. E.g. Singles and Various Artists. Also set Part or a compilation to Yes. The drawback with this approach is that the original album titles are removed, and you've have to play around with the track numbers if you want to define the track order, but if that is what you want then it will work.

tt2

Looking to combine single songs by different artists to one album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.