Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded Motion 5 onto my laptop for working while on the road. I want to put it my desktop for use at home how do I transfer the software to the desktop?

Super new to Motion 5

First..the easy ?, I want to transfer the software from laptoip to desktop for use at home.

Second, I bought this to try to animate a steam engine and the various implements that it can power. I started with a jpeg and then wanted to make a flickering fire in the cumbustor, show the heat rising up through the boiler, piston moving etc.. does that need to be done in separate layers like in photoshop elements and then attach the behavior or separate groups?

Thanks!!

Motion 5, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 10:39 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2014 9:27 PM in response to FelixfromNH

Reply to "First ... the easy?" Hopefully it is easy. If the desktop has the same log-in to the App Store as the laptop then all you have to do is:

1. boot up the desktop and log in.

2. go to the App Store and check for software updates (click on the apple in the upper left corner - it's a Mac, isn't it? - and select "Software updates ...")

2a. If it isn't a Mac, then go to the App Store and log in with the same name and password as what the application was bought with,

3. With a Mac, the App Store will check the computer for for updates, discover Motion 5 isn't there, and let you download it.

Unless there is something unusual, that should about do it. Hopefully I haven't muddled a step, but if so, hopefully you can work your way through.

As for the Part B of the post, the flickering flame, that's going to take more work. Sounds like an interesting project, though.

I downloaded Motion 5 onto my laptop for working while on the road. I want to put it my desktop for use at home how do I transfer the software to the desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.