Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iTunes window freeze and wont close until i shut my computer down, when the "iTunes is not the default media player" message appears? and how do i fix this? i just want to fix my music, but it freezes and i can't use my computer correctly.

when i plug my iPod into my computer, iTunes opens as normal, but for a while it's been giving me a message that says "iTunes is not the default media player" and after i 'tried' to do that, i'll close the settings window and my iTunes window will freeze and not close, reload, or anything. and if i "open drvice to view files" that window will freeze too, the internal storage window. i can't get iTunes to close with ALT+F4, or right clicking the tab on the bottom of the screen to close it, or clicking the 'X' button. the only way it closes is when i shut down my computer. please help me fix this.😕 Its getting Really Really tiring having to restart my computer over and over. 😟

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.6, computer problem, not iPod.

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 2:13 PM

1 reply

why does my iTunes window freeze and wont close until i shut my computer down, when the "iTunes is not the default media player" message appears? and how do i fix this? i just want to fix my music, but it freezes and i can't use my computer correctly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.