Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to the latest software update iOS 7.0.6 my Wifi is greyed out and my Bluetooth has a constantly spinning icon as if it is trying to switch on.. I have been told the software update may have found a hardware issue, How???

After updating to iOS 7.0.1 I went out in the car and it connected to car fine and I made calls. When I next went out 20 mins later my Bluetooth has a spinning icon as if it is trying to switch on and my WiFI icon is greyed out. It was working perfect before the software update. The phone has never been dropped put near water, it has been in a case and well looked after. How can this update stop these items working and then I am told it must be my hardware... Dont get it, seems to convienant to say hardware issue due to update.. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. Cheers

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 1:57 PM

6 replies

Jul 11, 2015 2:24 PM in response to wegras

This happened to my phone, why can't Apple and dedicated Apple fans admit that there is a problem? Is it a strange co-incidence that this is happening to lots of phones just after an update, they can't all have hardware problems surely? Software can't improve if folk can't admit there are bugs.

I took my phone to an Apple store, their reply was yes we know about the problem, there is no solution so buy another phone and we'll give you 20% off..... lucky that Apple do have such dedicated fans but you're making Apples life too easy if you accept everything they tell you.

I'm not anti Apple by the way, just want a phone that works.

After updating to the latest software update iOS 7.0.6 my Wifi is greyed out and my Bluetooth has a constantly spinning icon as if it is trying to switch on.. I have been told the software update may have found a hardware issue, How???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.