Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sage. Inability to transfer music to flash drive

I recently tried to transfer some of my music to a flash drive. This was attempted after the most recent system update. I receive an Error Code 43 whether I try to move a single song or a group of songs.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 4:35 PM

3 replies

Mar 7, 2014 6:07 AM in response to ltrowland

Is there anything about your configuration you could tell us that might help? For starters, if you are dragging the files from a Finder window to the flash drive iTunes is not involved. You would have been better off posting in the operating system (OD) forum for the OS version you are running (your profile does not include that).

Error -43 is an OS "file not found" error. This seems to happen occcasionally when a second drive is involved, particularly one shared with a Windows machine. E.g., Archived - Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server: "Error -43" When Using Windows File Sharing (SMB) - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2039 - "There are three causes for this: illegal characters, a permissions issue, and/or a non-existent share point."

Try using Disk Utility to repair permissions on the drive.

Drive corruption is possible, Use Disk Utility to repair your drive. How you do this exactly will depend upon your OS version.

sage. Inability to transfer music to flash drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.