Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I plug my iPhone 5c into my Macbook an error message will come up saying "Because a USB device was drawing too much power from your computer, one or more of your USB devices have been disabled" and it won't charge or sync

I have had my iPhone since November and have never had this problem with it before. Sometimes if I unplug it and plug it back in it will begin to charge. Other times it will just be sitting there, not touched and keep switching between charging and not. I have tried it with my Macbook plugged in as well and this does not change anything. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 2:31 PM

1 reply

When I plug my iPhone 5c into my Macbook an error message will come up saying "Because a USB device was drawing too much power from your computer, one or more of your USB devices have been disabled" and it won't charge or sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.