Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download of new itunes not working!

Okay, so, I am running the itunes 10.6.3 and in order to run the new itunes i need 10.6.8 to download the NEW itunes. How can I download the 10.6.8? Can't find it anywhere? Is it still available!?

MacBook

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 2:40 PM

7 replies

Mar 6, 2014 2:55 PM in response to mollymeghan

There is a difference between an update and an upgrade.

Update means within the same OS X version. So if you had OS X 10.6.3 and needed 10.6.8, that would be an update.

Upgrade means change OS X version, which frequently costs money. The software update process I described would not indicate whether an upgrade was available.

If you click the Apple icon in the menu bar, and then "About This Mac", what version of OS X does it say you are running? And there may be another button you can click (the software is so old I don't recall its name) that describes exactly the Mac type and version you are running. If you see that, please report it here as well.

Mar 6, 2014 3:14 PM in response to mollymeghan

If your Mac could support it, then, you would need to purchase Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6), which you could do here:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

You would then need to install Snow Leopard, and then do the Software Update as described above to get you to OS X 10.6.8.

This is a minimum OS upgrade. Again, it gets you to 10.6.8. Current is 10.9.2.

Then after getting to 10.6.8, you could install the current iTunes.

Download of new itunes not working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.