Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After enabaling filevault i get apple logo after login and nothing happens! new mac 4 day in and still cant get myself setup!!!! ****** off

I bought new Macbook pro as my 2 year old laptop needs to go in for repare(1st in 15 years of using apple) and i need it for work. Old laptops trackpads gone, and 'y' key dosent work. plus batter lasts 10 min. so its up for some serious repares.

So i bought a new mac, installed nad migrated my user data using migration tool. it failed as i have a filevault on old mac. so called apple support, followed instructions after 8 hours of copying file accross to the new mac all seemed fine. great it works now lets go and enable filevault. done in 30 min.

Ok All good so far.

Lets refresh the system witha reboot.

now i reboot, get a login screen with the user account. great all good right...NO!

after login I get the Apple logo and the curso and nothing happens! at all. rebooted several times, used disck utility and no joy. call apple ...offcourse they are closed at its 11:30pm at night in UK.... what to do...after 4 days of trying to get my data accross to a new machine thats costed a fortune. and countless hours of my personal time i am stuck and prity ****** off.

Searched forums nothing online that solves it. I hope there is someone here who can shed some light on this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 4:21 PM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2014 5:27 PM in response to sanjampet

thanks but none of those articles are helping.

- the drive is encripted so i can not get in.

- after booting up i login

- get Apple logo and nothing happens

I tried booting from another drive and the install drive, ran disk utility and thats about all i can do.

also tried holding SHIFT to boot in safe mode. nothing same results

After all the above and days in trying to get my files working on this new mac..I ahve formated the disk again for the 15th time. installing the OS again. and as the OS need to be downloaded via internal...its taking another 2 hours to do so....saga continues.

After enabaling filevault i get apple logo after login and nothing happens! new mac 4 day in and still cant get myself setup!!!! ****** off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.