Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't ring

I can't make my iPhone ring when it's locked. I know it's in the settings somewhere but where?

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 3:58 PM

Settings > Do Not Disturb = "Off"

18 replies

Mar 6, 2014 4:34 PM in response to emd3

It's fine that you cannot uncheck the second option. Either "Always" or "Only while the iPhone is locked" will always be checked. But this explains the phone's behavior while DND is in effect.

You might try a phone reset. Hold the on/off and home buttons together for about 10 seconds till the Apple logo appears.

Jan 3, 2015 9:12 AM in response to sberman

My wife had the same problem for months on her iPhone 5S and I researched tons of websites and tried EVERYTHING to fix it, including updating the OS. The problem was the LifeProof protective case which has a cover over the ring / silent switch on the side. I think that over time the design of this cover slowly moves the switch back to the "Ringer Off" position, or that it moves the Ringer switch to a middle "limbo" position that is neither on nor off. Once I moved it decidedly to the "On" position, the phone would ring again. Let me know if this works for you.

iPhone won't ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.