Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded Songs On IPhone 5 Go Poof After installation of Match

I was minding my own business with my IPhone 5 listening to my music on planes and elsewhere with no internet and then (foolishly) selected ITunes Match...now most or at least many of my songs are gone. I turned Match off and tried to sync with my ITunes library on my Mac, but many songs are still grayed out with circle next to them that seems to say "press me to download this song" but when I do, the circles fade and then just come back with no download. FRUSTRATED...any way to delete my entire library on my phone and then resynch with ITunes on my Mac or am I just hosed? I've seen the suggestions about creating a master playlist with my entire 29GB music library but that seems like a messy workaround at best. Apple...really???

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 4:12 PM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2014 7:53 PM in response to Sparks199000

Please explain the steps you took before enabling iTunes Match in more detail. From your description it sounds like you enabled iTM while you were on the airplane, which is not a good idea.

When you disable iTunes Match on your iPhone, in preperation for USB syncing, you must first open the Music app and let the content clear out. Did you do this?

Mar 7, 2014 10:17 PM in response to Sparks199000

If iTunes Match is enabled, disable it on the iPhone. Open the Music app and let the content clear out. If you've got any songs downloaded to the internal storage these will stay. Once all the cloud-based content has been cleared out of Music go to Setting > General > Usage and tap Music (you may need to scroll down in the list). Swipe across "all music" and tap DELETE. This will delete all the music stored on the device.

Now do a hard reset on the device by holding down Power+Home until you see the Apple logo. Now you can re-enable iTM and download the content you want stored directly on the device.

Downloaded Songs On IPhone 5 Go Poof After installation of Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.