4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 7:12 PM by bobseufert
haiitsmariaxo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I just got an iPad Mini Retina and I am really dissapointed since Instagram, Kik and Snapchat are all iPhone Apps.

On the iPad, they show up blurry and I really dont like the border.

Is this normal? Why can't I get the apps on iPad normally? Any way to get rid of this?

Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4
  • Demo Level 10 Level 10 (81,875 points)

Yes that is normal for iPhone specific apps. iPhone apps will work on the iPad but will appear in the native iPhone size as well. They can be enlarged as you have seen, but the resolution is cut in half because you are doubling the size of the pixels.

Universal apps (the ones with the + sign beside them in the App Store) are optimized for either device.

• rbrylawski Level 6 Level 6 (11,815 points)

It's up to the App developer to create an iPad version.  Since they haven't, there's really nothing you can do, except send a message to the App developer to let them know you want an iPad version.

• Rick Pierce Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

Looks like you are correct. This is normal, because the developer has not released an App built for the iPad yet. No way to fix it, but you could go to the developer's site and voice your support for a new iPad App!

• bobseufert Level 6 Level 6 (8,710 points)

I downloaded KIK and Instagram and only got as far as the sign in screen and both are in focus and not blurry. Try a reset, Press and hold both the home and power buttons 10-15 seconds till the Apple logo appears. Release both buttons. Wait 15-20 seconds till your iPad starts on it's own. If that doesn't help delete and reinstall the apps.