Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I download Itunes and keep getting the message "Apple Appliation support was not found. Apple application support is rquired to run Itunes. Please uninstall itunes, then install itunes again." Anyone know what i need to do to get it downloaded?

I download Itunes and keep getting the message "Apple Appliation support was not found. Apple application support is rquired to run Itunes. Please uninstall itunes, then install itunes again." Anyone know what i need to do to get it downloaded?

Windows 8

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 7:59 PM

With the Error 2, let's try a standalone Apple Application Support install. It still might not install, but fingers crossed any error messages will give us a better idea of the underlying cause of the issue.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR suitable for your PC (there's a 32-bit Windows version and a 64-bit Windows version):

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you? If so, see if iTunes will launch without the error now.

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2014 7:59 PM in response to davidgrote

With the Error 2, let's try a standalone Apple Application Support install. It still might not install, but fingers crossed any error messages will give us a better idea of the underlying cause of the issue.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR suitable for your PC (there's a 32-bit Windows version and a 64-bit Windows version):

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you? If so, see if iTunes will launch without the error now.

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

May 25, 2014 7:33 PM in response to b noir

b noir

I have a very similar problem. I am running a new install of Windows 8.1. When I install iTunes 64 bit I receive 2 similar pop-up error windows containing the following (note error code and error text differ "iTunes Helper" vs. "iTunes"):

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Apple Application Support was not found.

Apple Application Support is required to run iTunesHelper. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again.

Error 2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Apple Application Support was not found.

Apple Application Support is required to run iTunes. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again.

Error 2 (Windows error 2)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've followed the instructions given in this post:

download/install WinRAR

extract iTunes64Setup

double click AppleApplicationSupport.msi

When I run AppleApplicationSupport.msi, I receive the following error:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

! C:\Users\Charlie\Downloads\iTunes Extract - 2\iTunes64Setup\AppleApplicationSupport.msi: The archive is corrupt

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Any ideas?

May 26, 2014 7:06 AM in response to reillycm

Okay, I've gotten further. I believe the corruption error was because I hadn't uninstalled iTunes before running AppleApplicationSupport.msi. I uninstalled it and was able to make progress. First time I ran AAS.msi it told me to run AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi, then I had to run Bonjour64.msi, then I was able to run AppleApplicationSupport.msi. iTunes installed successfully. Next challenge - I tryied to sync with my iPhone and I receive the following error:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This iPhone cannot be used because the required software is not insalled.
Tun the i
Tunes installer to remove iTunes, then install the 64-bit versino of iTunes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This surprised me, because I started with iTunes64Setup. This is the file that I opened via WinRAR. Does anyone know how to confirm which version of iTunes I'm running; 32 bit vs. 64 bit?

Jul 22, 2016 1:34 PM in response to b noir

I was able to successfully install and run iTunes after using your winrar method, but then got an error that Bonjour was needed for additional services and to first uninstall iTunes again. I did this, and then ran the Bonjour installer from the winrar created folder, re-ran the iTunes installer, and now is working well.

This was all on a new upgrade from Win7, where iTunes was working, to Win10, where after the install I received the double "Apple Appliation support was not found" error. This solution fixed it. Thanks very much.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.