Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with purchased songs and new computers

I have a new computer; my first mac. I am an apple convert, previously owning a toshiba. Some of the songs from an album I purchased through itunes will not play. What do I do? They have an ! with a circle around it next to them. I do not have a hardcopy or backup to revert back to. I just want to know how to be able to play these songs and listen to them as I have purchased the right to do so.

MacBook Pro, music transfer from toshiba

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 8:57 PM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2014 10:39 PM in response to Ammyen

Depending upon what country that you are in (music can't be redownloaded in all countries) then you might be able to redownoad it via the Purchased link under Quicklinks on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage.

If it shows there but doesn't have the cloud symbol against it then try deleting it from the Music part of your library (where you are getting the exclamation mark) and it should then get the cloud symbol in Purchased for redownloading.

If music shows there but not that album then is it still in your country's store ? If it is then check to see if it's hidden : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919

If you aren't in a country where music can be redownloaded or if it'sno longer in your country's store then you won't be able to redownload it.

But you should be keeping and maintaining a backup copy of all of your downloads, an item can be removed from the store at any time - you are only guaranteed one download of each item.

Mar 7, 2014 8:38 AM in response to King_Penguin

Considering my iTunes is strictly in the USA. Redownloading should work but it's not. I've tried applying your tips and they aren't working. Also, the music that wasn't playing was from a backup copy of the download (transferred via USB from my old computer). So that tip was not helpful either. Thankyou for your time.

Problems with purchased songs and new computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.